Close Menu
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Punjab reels under ‘super floods’

August 30, 2025

Indian actions intensified flood crisis in Pakistan, say officials

August 30, 2025

China’s big data expo offers exchange opportunities for global enterprises-Xinhua

August 30, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports
Nabka News
Home » Red Bull sacks Christian Horner after 20 years as F1 team boss – Sport
Sports

Red Bull sacks Christian Horner after 20 years as F1 team boss – Sport

i2wtcBy i2wtcJuly 9, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


Christian Horner was sacked on Wednesday by Red Bull after 20 years as team principal of the Formula One outfit.

The 51-year-old has been in charge since the team was formed in 2005 and has led them to eight drivers’ titles and six constructors’ crowns.

Dutchman Max Verstappen has won the past four drivers’ titles for Red Bull, matching the achievement of Sebastian Vettel, who dominated for the team from 2010 to 2013.

Horner’s dismissal as CEO and team principal comes 17 months after he was accused by a female colleague of “inappropriate behaviour”.

The Englishman was twice cleared over the claims by the Formula One team’s parent company, Red Bull GmbH, and his wife, former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, stood by him.

But there have been rumblings of discontent within the team, with several high-profile departures, while form on the track has nose-dived.

“Red Bull has released Christian Horner from his operational duties with effect from today (Wednesday) and has appointed Laurent Mekies as CEO of Red Bull Racing,” said a statement from Red Bull GmbH.

Oliver Mintzlaff, CEO of corporate projects and investments, paid tribute to Horner, thanking him for his “exceptional work”.

“With his tireless commitment, experience, expertise and innovative thinking, he has been instrumental in establishing Red Bull Racing as one of the most successful and attractive teams in Formula 1,” he said.

“Thank you for everything, Christian, and you will forever remain an important part of our team history.”

‘Difficult to drive’

Horner’s departure comes amid speculation that Verstappen may be tempted to jump ship to Mercedes.

Although the 27-year-old Dutchman won the title last year, he only topped the podium twice in the final 14 races of the season.

Red Bull has won only two races this season, with McLaren taking their place as the team to beat. Verstappen is languishing 69 points behind championship leader Oscar Piastri at the halfway point of the campaign and finished a disappointing fifth at Sunday’s British Grand Prix, having started on pole.

He showed frustration with his Red Bull during the race, saying: “This car is just so difficult to drive.”

Other key figures responsible for the team’s previous dominance have left since last year, including design guru Adrian Newey, who signed for Aston Martin, and sporting director Jonathan Wheatley, who joined Sauber.

Max Verstappen’s father, Jos, a former F1 driver, had expressed his dissatisfaction with Horner even after he was cleared of the charges of inappropriate behaviour. He warned the team was in danger of being “torn apart” if Horner remained.

Mekies, who has been promoted from Red Bull’s second team, Racing Bulls, has had a long career in Formula One, previously working as racing director for Ferrari.

“The last year and a half has been an absolute privilege to lead the team with Peter (Bayer),” the 48-year-old Frenchman said in a statement. “It has been an amazing adventure to contribute to the birth of Racing Bulls together with all our talented people.

“The spirit of the whole team is incredible, and I strongly believe that this is just the beginning.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
i2wtc
  • Website

Related Posts

Sports

Agha, Rauf star as Pakistan down Afghanistan in tri-series opener – Sport

August 29, 2025
Sports

Coe confident gene testing for female athletes will be completed for Tokyo worlds – Sport

August 29, 2025
Sports

Sifan Hassan confirms decision to skip worlds for Sydney marathon – Sport

August 29, 2025
Sports

Mexican president reviews 2026 World Cup preparations with FIFA’s Infantino – Sport

August 29, 2025
Sports

PSG to face Bayern and Barca in Champions League – Sport

August 29, 2025
Sports

Pakistan shaping up well, says skipper Salman ahead of tri-series – Sport

August 29, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Punjab reels under ‘super floods’

August 30, 2025

House Republicans unveil aid bill for Israel, Ukraine ahead of weekend House vote

April 17, 2024

Prime Minister Johnson presses forward with Ukraine aid bill despite pressure from hardliners

April 17, 2024

Justin Verlander makes season debut against Nationals

April 17, 2024
Don't Miss

Trump says China’s Xi ‘hard to make a deal with’ amid trade dispute | Donald Trump News

By i2wtcJune 4, 20250

Growing strains in US-China relations over implementation of agreement to roll back tariffs and trade…

Donald Trump’s 50% steel and aluminium tariffs take effect | Business and Economy News

June 4, 2025

The Take: Why is Trump cracking down on Chinese students? | Education News

June 4, 2025

Chinese couple charged with smuggling toxic fungus into US | Science and Technology News

June 4, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

About Us
About Us

Welcome to NabkaNews, your go-to source for the latest updates and insights on technology, business, and news from around the world, with a focus on the USA, Pakistan, and India.

At NabkaNews, we understand the importance of staying informed in today’s fast-paced world. Our mission is to provide you with accurate, relevant, and engaging content that keeps you up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, business trends, and news events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Punjab reels under ‘super floods’

August 30, 2025

Indian actions intensified flood crisis in Pakistan, say officials

August 30, 2025

China’s big data expo offers exchange opportunities for global enterprises-Xinhua

August 30, 2025
Most Popular

Australian “Chinaman” place name sparks racist debate, calls for change

July 7, 2024

Microsoft staff in China must use iPhone for authentication

July 8, 2024

NATO and Asian partners forge deeper ties to counter China

July 9, 2024
© 2025 nabkanews. Designed by nabkanews.
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.