Close Menu
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

SECP, SBP salary powers curtailed

August 29, 2025

Alibaba (BABA) June quarter 2025 earnings report

August 29, 2025

Constitutional bench to reconvene after 2-month hiatus

August 29, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports
Nabka News
Home » PAC unearths BISP scam of up to Rs.37 million
Pakistan

PAC unearths BISP scam of up to Rs.37 million

i2wtcBy i2wtcAugust 28, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


Auditor General (AG) of Pakistan apprised National Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) on Thursday of over Rs37 million embezzlement by government officials in Benazir Income Support Programme funds. 

PAC members were told that a total of 324 officials from Grade 1 to Grade 22 are implicated in the scandal. 

The committee decided that the AG should be sent all the data of these government employees and money should be recovered from their salaries. The FIA should conduct the inquiry quickly and file criminal cases, opined committee members. Guilty officers should be terminated, they added. 

BISP officials informed the committee of another blunder, where 84 individuals receiving money were, in reality, deceased. They told the committee that they were in contact with banks to review how such payments were made.

Yet another fraud case surfaced, costing the BISP Rs13.72m. The amount was disbursed through fake biometric verifications across multiple tehsils, the committee was told. 

Read: Rs141b BISP fraud exposed in audit

Further revelations of financial mismanagement emerged as Rs80.508m in BISP funds were reportedly disbursed to ineligible individuals. BISP officials assured the committee that recovery efforts were underway.

Meanwhile, audit reports of the Poverty Alleviation Division for the years 2020-21, 2021-2022, and 2022-2023, revealed financial irregularities worth Rs96b, the committee was informed.

It was concluded that many recipients of the funds had inactive accounts. The committee members decided that from now if there is no activity in the beneficiary’s account for nine months, then the sent amount should be retrieved.

BISP individuals have been embroiled in financial fraud many times over the years, with a fraud amounting to Rs141b being discovered earlier this year. In 2020, an investigation was initiated against 2,700 BISP officers for financial crimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
i2wtc
  • Website

Related Posts

Pakistan

SECP, SBP salary powers curtailed

August 29, 2025
Pakistan

Constitutional bench to reconvene after 2-month hiatus

August 29, 2025
Pakistan

Lahore holds off Ravi surge

August 29, 2025
Pakistan

Afghanistan summons Pakistani envoy over alleged cross-border strikes

August 29, 2025
Pakistan

Barrister Gohar hands in 18 PTI members’ resignations from NA committees

August 29, 2025
Pakistan

PTI eyes fresh talks with govt sans Imran’s consent

August 29, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

SECP, SBP salary powers curtailed

August 29, 2025

House Republicans unveil aid bill for Israel, Ukraine ahead of weekend House vote

April 17, 2024

Prime Minister Johnson presses forward with Ukraine aid bill despite pressure from hardliners

April 17, 2024

Justin Verlander makes season debut against Nationals

April 17, 2024
Don't Miss

Trump says China’s Xi ‘hard to make a deal with’ amid trade dispute | Donald Trump News

By i2wtcJune 4, 20250

Growing strains in US-China relations over implementation of agreement to roll back tariffs and trade…

Donald Trump’s 50% steel and aluminium tariffs take effect | Business and Economy News

June 4, 2025

The Take: Why is Trump cracking down on Chinese students? | Education News

June 4, 2025

Chinese couple charged with smuggling toxic fungus into US | Science and Technology News

June 4, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

About Us
About Us

Welcome to NabkaNews, your go-to source for the latest updates and insights on technology, business, and news from around the world, with a focus on the USA, Pakistan, and India.

At NabkaNews, we understand the importance of staying informed in today’s fast-paced world. Our mission is to provide you with accurate, relevant, and engaging content that keeps you up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, business trends, and news events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

SECP, SBP salary powers curtailed

August 29, 2025

Alibaba (BABA) June quarter 2025 earnings report

August 29, 2025

Constitutional bench to reconvene after 2-month hiatus

August 29, 2025
Most Popular

Mr. Xi and Mr. Blinken exchange small nods across the gap

April 26, 2024

Rescue efforts continue after mountain torrents hit NW China’s Gansu-Xinhua

August 10, 2025

Elon Musk reaches agreement in China for self-driving Tesla

April 29, 2024
© 2025 nabkanews. Designed by nabkanews.
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.