Close Menu
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

PMDC takes notice of student’s death at Fatima Jinnah Medical University, seeks report in seven days

February 20, 2026

Nvidia is in talks to invest up to $30 billion in OpenAI, source says

February 20, 2026

Epstein would ‘name drop’ Trump, Les Wexner says in deposition video

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports
Nabka News
Home » Naqvi meets national hockey team, assures support ‘until turmoil ends’ after Australia fiasco
Pakistan

Naqvi meets national hockey team, assures support ‘until turmoil ends’ after Australia fiasco

i2wtcBy i2wtcFebruary 20, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


‘I am not becoming Hockey Federation president, but we will assist players,’ says PCB chairman

PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi meeting with hockey team players. Photo: X

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi met players of the national hockey team in Lahore on Thursday to address concerns raised by them and assured them of full support following the Australia tour fiasco during the Pro Hockey League.

The development came after Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) Chief Tariq Bugti stepped down following complaints by national team players during last week’s whitewash tour. It also followed Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif ordering a formal inquiry and signalling possible management changes after the national team’s poor performance in the Pro Hockey League.

Pakistan captain Imad Shakeel Butt alleged serious shortcomings by PHF officials, saying players were not provided proper accommodation during the Australia tour.

لاہور۔ چیئرمین پاکستان کرکٹ بورڈ محسن نقوی سے پاکستان ہاکی پلئیرز کی ملاقات pic.twitter.com/DQ73aL0uaj

— PCB Media (@TheRealPCBMedia) February 19, 2026

According to a PCB statement, during today’s meeting, the players informed Naqvi of the unpleasant incidents they encountered during the league. Naqvi expressed his regret over the mistreatment of the hockey players and reassured them that the board would take measures to ensure better treatment in the future.

In recognition of their efforts, Naqvi also presented cheques of Rs1 million each to the players for their runner-up finish in the Six-Nation Hockey Tournament. The players thanked Naqvi for his support and encouragemen.

He further promised to ensure that the players would be properly accommodated, saying, “We will provide full support and streamline hockey operations.”

The PCB said that Naqvi instructed the Pakistan Sports Board (PSB) to arrange tickets, kits and hotel accommodations for the players attending the World Cup qualifiers in Egypt. Naqvi also directed that all necessary arrangements for the camp be completed promptly.

A training camp for the hockey players will be set up in Lahore starting from tomorrow.

In addition, Naqvi took immediate action regarding injured player Hannan Shahid, directing the PCB to arrange for his medical treatment. “I want all players to focus solely on their game,” Naqvi emphasised during the meeting.

The PCB chairman also reiterated his commitment to the national team’s success, saying, “Pakistan’s honour comes first. We will not let anything harm the dignity of our country.” Naqvi added that foreign coach Roelant Oltmans would be brought in to assist the national team.

I am not becoming Hockey Federation President but we will Assist players till this turmoil ends

— Mohsin Naqvi (@MohsinnaqviC42) February 19, 2026

After meeting with the players, Naqvi said in a post on X, “I am not becoming Hockey Federation President, but we will assist players until this turmoil ends.”

Also Read: Pakistan hockey chief resigns after ‘shabby’ winless Australia tour

Earlier, the PSB rejected allegations made by the PHF, saying documentary evidence showed the board fulfilled all financial responsibilities related to the national team’s participation in FIH Pro League Season-7 Phase-2 in Hobart, Australia.

In a statement, the PSB said claims against it were misleading and contrary to the record, adding that administrative and operational shortcomings occurred at the federation level rather than within the government body.

The national team’s departure for the Australia tour was initially scheduled for Feb 2, 2026, but was cancelled after visa applications submitted by the PHF were delayed and contained incorrect information. The PSB said it intervened through diplomatic channels, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, after which applications were resubmitted. The team departed on Feb 5 and arrived in Hobart on Feb 7.

According to the board, it paid Rs27.1 million for air tickets and covered an additional Rs9.7m in costs arising from visa-related issues. It added that the federation provided lists of players and officials with passports on Jan 26 and 27, after which a cheque for hotel payments was issued on Jan 28.

Read More: PM Shehbaz orders inquiry after hockey team’s poor results

The board also rejected claims that it was responsible for handling all operational arrangements for international events, saying under the national sports governance framework, it provides financial support, oversight and policy guidance, while logistics, bookings, visa processing and operational management fall under the mandate of the relevant federation.

It added that documents related to the national team’s participation in a World Cup qualifying event in Egypt, including player lists and no-objection certificates, had yet to be submitted by the federation.

“The Pakistan Sports Board will not compromise on the national team’s interests, transparency and accountability,” the statement said.





Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
i2wtc
  • Website

Related Posts

Pakistan

PMDC takes notice of student’s death at Fatima Jinnah Medical University, seeks report in seven days

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistan, US sign pact to redevelop New York’s Roosevelt Hotel

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

Four terrorist killed in Lakki Marwat IBO: ISPR

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistan hockey chief resigns after ‘shabby’ winless Australia tour

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

Dar tells UN peace in Middle East depends on Palestinian self-determination

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistan to support Gaza peace efforts, not participate in disarming Hamas: FO

February 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

House Republicans unveil aid bill for Israel, Ukraine ahead of weekend House vote

April 17, 2024

Prime Minister Johnson presses forward with Ukraine aid bill despite pressure from hardliners

April 17, 2024

Justin Verlander makes season debut against Nationals

April 17, 2024

Tesla lays off 285 employees in Buffalo, New York as part of major restructuring

April 17, 2024
Don't Miss

Trump says China’s Xi ‘hard to make a deal with’ amid trade dispute | Donald Trump News

By i2wtcJune 4, 20250

Growing strains in US-China relations over implementation of agreement to roll back tariffs and trade…

Donald Trump’s 50% steel and aluminium tariffs take effect | Business and Economy News

June 4, 2025

The Take: Why is Trump cracking down on Chinese students? | Education News

June 4, 2025

Chinese couple charged with smuggling toxic fungus into US | Science and Technology News

June 4, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

About Us
About Us

Welcome to NabkaNews, your go-to source for the latest updates and insights on technology, business, and news from around the world, with a focus on the USA, Pakistan, and India.

At NabkaNews, we understand the importance of staying informed in today’s fast-paced world. Our mission is to provide you with accurate, relevant, and engaging content that keeps you up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, business trends, and news events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

PMDC takes notice of student’s death at Fatima Jinnah Medical University, seeks report in seven days

February 20, 2026

Nvidia is in talks to invest up to $30 billion in OpenAI, source says

February 20, 2026

Epstein would ‘name drop’ Trump, Les Wexner says in deposition video

February 20, 2026
Most Popular

Sun defends singles crown at table tennis worlds-Xinhua

May 25, 2025

How Taklimakan Rally drives adventure, innovation and culture-Xinhua

May 31, 2025

Rise of “painless” tourism set to transform China’s travel landscape-Xinhua

June 6, 2025
© 2026 nabkanews. Designed by nabkanews.
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.