Close Menu
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

After Supreme Court ruling, industries still face higher rates

February 20, 2026

After Supreme Court ruling, industries still face higher rates

February 20, 2026

How RVs became Silicon Valley’s housing safety net

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports
Nabka News
Home » Kabul issued demarche over Bajaur attack
Pakistan

Kabul issued demarche over Bajaur attack

i2wtcBy i2wtcFebruary 20, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


Foreign Office. Photo: File

ISLAMABAD:

The Foreign Office on Thursday said it summoned the Afghan Deputy Head of Mission and delivered a strong demarche over the deadly terrorist attack in Bajaur on February 16, warning Kabul to take “immediate, concrete and verifiable measures” against terrorist groups operating from its soil.

According to an official statement, the demarche was conveyed to the representative of the Afghan Taliban regime following a vehicle-borne suicide bombing and subsequent fire raid on a Pakistan Military and Law Enforcement Agencies’ post in Bajaur. Eleven Pakistani soldiers were martyred in the assault.

Pakistan condemned “in the strongest possible terms” the attack, which it said was carried out by Fitna al Khwarij, also known as the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). The Foreign Office expressed serious concern that the entire leadership of FAK/TTP was based in Afghanistan and continued to operate with impunity from Afghan territory.

Islamabad reiterated that it had repeatedly received assurances from the Afghan Taliban authorities that Afghan soil would not be used for terrorism against Pakistan. However, the statement noted with regret that there had been no “visible or concrete actions” to address Pakistan’s concerns.

The Afghan side was categorically informed that Pakistan reserved the right to respond and eliminate any Khwarij belonging to FAK along with their affiliates “wherever they are located” in order to safeguard its soldiers, civilians and territorial integrity.

The demarche came amid heightened tensions along the Pak-Afghan border and followed what officials described as a worrying escalation in cross-border attacks.

During his weekly press briefing on Thursday, Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi elaborated on the context of the démarche, terming the Bajaur attack a “cowardly” act.

Andrabi underlined that while Pakistan remained committed to dialogue and diplomacy in the broader context of its historic, cultural and ethnic ties with Afghanistan, patience had its limits when it came to attacks on Pakistani civilians and security personnel.

He said Pakistan’s right to self-defence under Article 51 of the UN Charter remained intact and any action taken against terrorist elements would be aimed at protecting innocent lives.

The spokesperson also highlighted Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s visit to Washington at the invitation of US President Donald J. Trump to attend the inaugural session of the Board of Peace (BoP) on February 19.

Summarizing multiple questions on the agenda of the BoP meeting, Andrabi said a decision was still awaited on the contours of the mandate of the proposed International Stabilization Force (ISF).

“We understand that a decision is awaited on the contours of the mandate of the International Stabilization Force, and till such time, we’re not in a position to take any decision on this matter,” he said.

He reiterated that Pakistan had clearly identified its “red lines.”

“Pakistan can be part of a peacekeeping mandate, but we would not be part of any disarming/demilitarization mandates,” he stated, adding that discussions on the issue might take place during the BoP meeting in Washington.

On concerns regarding the participation of certain countries in the Board, Andrabi said Pakistan had joined the forum with a particular focus. “We have joined Board of Peace with a particular focus i.e. the reconstruction in Gaza, long term settlement of the Palestinian issues. So, we would continue to follow this approach, and not be bothered by participation of one country or another.”

He described the BoP as offering a “glimmer of hope” and expressed the expectation that it would help ease the plight of the Palestinian people, particularly in Gaza, and contribute to peace, prosperity and a pathway toward a lasting resolution of the Palestinian issue.

Referring to recent developments in the occupied West Bank, the spokesperson said the subject might also come up during the BoP meeting, especially in light of concerns expressed by eight Arab and Islamic countries over Israel’s actions.

As diplomatic engagements continued abroad, Islamabad’s message to Kabul remained firm: Afghan soil must not be used for terrorism against Pakistan, and assurances must translate into tangible action.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
i2wtc
  • Website

Related Posts

Pakistan

One month on, Gul Plaza awaits relief

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

State inefficiencies no excuse: SC

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

Iftar rush chokes Rawalpindi arteries

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

Lyari varsity plans MPhil, PhD, new health programmes

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

Diamer-Bhasha dam cost surges by $3.5b

February 20, 2026
Pakistan

‘Air Punjab to take to the skies in April’

February 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

House Republicans unveil aid bill for Israel, Ukraine ahead of weekend House vote

April 17, 2024

Prime Minister Johnson presses forward with Ukraine aid bill despite pressure from hardliners

April 17, 2024

Justin Verlander makes season debut against Nationals

April 17, 2024

Tesla lays off 285 employees in Buffalo, New York as part of major restructuring

April 17, 2024
Don't Miss

Trump says China’s Xi ‘hard to make a deal with’ amid trade dispute | Donald Trump News

By i2wtcJune 4, 20250

Growing strains in US-China relations over implementation of agreement to roll back tariffs and trade…

Donald Trump’s 50% steel and aluminium tariffs take effect | Business and Economy News

June 4, 2025

The Take: Why is Trump cracking down on Chinese students? | Education News

June 4, 2025

Chinese couple charged with smuggling toxic fungus into US | Science and Technology News

June 4, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

About Us
About Us

Welcome to NabkaNews, your go-to source for the latest updates and insights on technology, business, and news from around the world, with a focus on the USA, Pakistan, and India.

At NabkaNews, we understand the importance of staying informed in today’s fast-paced world. Our mission is to provide you with accurate, relevant, and engaging content that keeps you up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, business trends, and news events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

After Supreme Court ruling, industries still face higher rates

February 20, 2026

After Supreme Court ruling, industries still face higher rates

February 20, 2026

How RVs became Silicon Valley’s housing safety net

February 20, 2026
Most Popular

Blinken and Wang discuss U.S.-China relations, Taiwan – DW – 2024/07/27

July 27, 2024

US claims TikTok sent personal data to China – very personal data • The Register

July 29, 2024

China’s new superfast chip could double the speed of electronic warfare: researchers

July 30, 2024
© 2026 nabkanews. Designed by nabkanews.
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.