Close Menu
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

No bailout for crypto billionaires

February 19, 2026

TTAP ends Parliament protest, raises concerns over Imran Khan’s health

February 19, 2026

Trump issues glyphosate order; MAHA opposes Roundup chemical

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports
Nabka News
Home » FBR permits stranded Afghan transit shipments to move from Chaman and Quetta to ports
Pakistan

FBR permits stranded Afghan transit shipments to move from Chaman and Quetta to ports

i2wtcBy i2wtcFebruary 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has allowed the re-export of Afghan transit trade consignments, that had remained stuck for months at Chaman and Quetta, through Karachi’s ports.

The main border crossings with Afghanistan have remained closed to regular trade and transit since October 10, 2025, following deadly clashes along the frontier after Kabul failed to stem terrorist attacks in Pakistan originating from its soil.

On Oct 16, the FBR officially suspended all Afghan Transit Trade operations from Karachi’s ports. All gate passes for Afghan transit consignments were cancelled and clearance of such cargo was halted at Karachi Port and Port Qasim.

Read: K-P urges talks to revive Afghan border trade

Although a ceasefire was discussed in talks hosted by Qatar and Turkiye, trade has not resumed since then. More than 10,000 Pakistani and Afghan traders, along with transit trade shipments, were reportedly stranded at Karachi port, resulting in losses amounting to billions of rupees.

However, the FBR has now permitted the reverse movement and subsequent re-export of the stranded consignments in a notificated issued on Tuesday.

“Reverse movement of all stranded Afghan transit trade cargo has been allowed for its subsequent re-export from Karachi port and Port Qasim Terminal,” said the notification issued by the Directorate of Transit Trade.

According to the orders, commercial goods belonging to several countries that were stuck in Chaman and Quetta will now be moved to the ports of Karachi.

The notification directed concerned tracking and monitoring companies to end the trip of the stranded cargo at Halting Station, Chaman, and NLC Dry Port, Quetta, and then initiate the reverse movement from those stations to Karachi ports.

The FBR stated that the reverse movement of transit trade goods would be carried out in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations. For the transportation of transit goods from the borders, bonded carriers would be required to submit applications to the FBR.

Under the directives, one customs official will accompany every convoy of up to 15 vehicles during the transfer. “A sepoy shall be deputed with each convoy of up to 15 vehicles who will only be responsible to collect manual acknowledgment on manual transport notes for record,” the notification said.

The FBR further directed that tracking companies must submit certificates confirming that all monitoring devices were functional and that the consignment was “good to go”. It added that all payments related to tracking and monitoring devices for the reverse journey of each container must be fully cleared.

A manual transport note will be issued for each bonded vehicle carrying transit trade goods, containing complete details of the vehicle and the driver. Each manual transport note will be signed by the sealing officer of the Directorate of Transit Trade, Quetta.

Containers carrying transit goods will be cleared after thorough inspection by the customs department. The representative or bonded carrier will also issue a duly signed carrier manifest for each vehicle and certify in writing that the stranded cargo remained safe and that all seals are intact.

“Customs staff at Quetta/Chaman will inspect PCCSS and shipper seals and if any seal is found to be tampered or broken, or where any discrepancy is observed in weight or scanning report, such consignment shall be subject to proper examination,” the notification stated.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
i2wtc
  • Website

Related Posts

Pakistan

TTAP ends Parliament protest, raises concerns over Imran Khan’s health

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

Ramazan moon sighted in Pakistan, fasting month begins on Thursday

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

Second phase of Tirah displacement aid begins

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

CTD operations kill 14 terrorists in Balochistan’s Quetta, Barkhan

February 19, 2026
Pakistan

India tune up for Super Eights with hard-fought win over the Dutch

February 18, 2026
Pakistan

BISP increases Rs1,000 cash support for beneficiaries from 1st of Ramazan

February 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

House Republicans unveil aid bill for Israel, Ukraine ahead of weekend House vote

April 17, 2024

Prime Minister Johnson presses forward with Ukraine aid bill despite pressure from hardliners

April 17, 2024

Justin Verlander makes season debut against Nationals

April 17, 2024

Tesla lays off 285 employees in Buffalo, New York as part of major restructuring

April 17, 2024
Don't Miss

Trump says China’s Xi ‘hard to make a deal with’ amid trade dispute | Donald Trump News

By i2wtcJune 4, 20250

Growing strains in US-China relations over implementation of agreement to roll back tariffs and trade…

Donald Trump’s 50% steel and aluminium tariffs take effect | Business and Economy News

June 4, 2025

The Take: Why is Trump cracking down on Chinese students? | Education News

June 4, 2025

Chinese couple charged with smuggling toxic fungus into US | Science and Technology News

June 4, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

About Us
About Us

Welcome to NabkaNews, your go-to source for the latest updates and insights on technology, business, and news from around the world, with a focus on the USA, Pakistan, and India.

At NabkaNews, we understand the importance of staying informed in today’s fast-paced world. Our mission is to provide you with accurate, relevant, and engaging content that keeps you up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, business trends, and news events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

No bailout for crypto billionaires

February 19, 2026

TTAP ends Parliament protest, raises concerns over Imran Khan’s health

February 19, 2026

Trump issues glyphosate order; MAHA opposes Roundup chemical

February 19, 2026
Most Popular

Time-tested treasures fuel China’s cultural economy boom-Xinhua

June 26, 2025

Intermodal land-sea cargo route connects China’s landlocked west to South America-Xinhua

July 2, 2025

Chengdu set for 2025 World Games-Xinhua

July 7, 2025
© 2026 nabkanews. Designed by nabkanews.
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.