Close Menu
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Kabul issued demarche over Bajaur attack

February 20, 2026

Jim Cramer’s top 10 things to watch in the stock market Friday

February 20, 2026

Tax season presents boom-or-bust test

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
Nabka News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • China
  • India
  • Pakistan
  • Political
  • Tech
  • Trend
  • USA
  • Sports
Nabka News
Home » Manchester United’s £52m summer transfers follow Sir Alex Ferguson’s ‘trends’
Trend

Manchester United’s £52m summer transfers follow Sir Alex Ferguson’s ‘trends’

i2wtcBy i2wtcJuly 28, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
Follow Us
Google News Flipboard Threads
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


Former Manchester United assistant manager Rene Meulensteen has claimed that new signing Lenny Yolo was a player Alex Ferguson considered signing during his time at the club.

The former Lille centre-back joined the club earlier this month and was seen as a big coup when he moved for a fee of £52 million, with Real Madrid showing strong interest in the Frenchman during the transfer window but unable to spend as much as United after paying big for Kylian Mbappe.




Yolo impressed for United in pre-season but was injured in the early hours of Sunday morning’s win over Arsenal and is now out indefinitely. The extent of the injury is unclear, but United are hopeful he will return to the squad as soon as possible.

Read more: United could sign Yolo’s dream defensive partner

Read more: Yolo spoke to other ex-United players ahead of move

Meulensteen had told talkSPORT before the injury that he approved of the move and that Ferguson would agree: “For a long time, from Manchester United’s perspective, going back to Sir Alex Ferguson’s time, we didn’t want to buy any players over the age of 23,” he said.


“Apart from Robin van Persie, the majority of the players who have joined have been under 23 years old. That is definitely the case with Lenny Yolo.”

United’s defeat of Real Madrid in the final minutes of the season was compared to Real Madrid’s signing of teenage French prodigy Raphael Varane, with Ferguson visiting Varane’s family to try and persuade him to join the Reds, but was eventually forced to admit defeat when the La Liga giants clinched the deal.

Many experts and critics have drawn comparisons between Yolo and Varane as they have drawn similarities between the two in terms of their defensive playing style and how they performed early in their careers.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp Copy Link
i2wtc
  • Website

Related Posts

Trend

China’s humanoid robots go from viral stumbles to kung fu flips in one year

February 20, 2026
Trend

These dividend stocks can insulate investors from AI risk, says Jenny Harrington

February 19, 2026
Trend

Buy this tech stock because AI makes its business stronger

February 19, 2026
Trend

Doordash stock rallies as investment cycle shows signs of a payoff

February 19, 2026
Trend

Accenture tells senior staff to use AI or lose out on promotions

February 19, 2026
Trend

Sam Altman and Dario Amodei don’t hold hands at India AI summit

February 19, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Kabul issued demarche over Bajaur attack

February 20, 2026

House Republicans unveil aid bill for Israel, Ukraine ahead of weekend House vote

April 17, 2024

Prime Minister Johnson presses forward with Ukraine aid bill despite pressure from hardliners

April 17, 2024

Justin Verlander makes season debut against Nationals

April 17, 2024
Don't Miss

Trump says China’s Xi ‘hard to make a deal with’ amid trade dispute | Donald Trump News

By i2wtcJune 4, 20250

Growing strains in US-China relations over implementation of agreement to roll back tariffs and trade…

Donald Trump’s 50% steel and aluminium tariffs take effect | Business and Economy News

June 4, 2025

The Take: Why is Trump cracking down on Chinese students? | Education News

June 4, 2025

Chinese couple charged with smuggling toxic fungus into US | Science and Technology News

June 4, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

About Us
About Us

Welcome to NabkaNews, your go-to source for the latest updates and insights on technology, business, and news from around the world, with a focus on the USA, Pakistan, and India.

At NabkaNews, we understand the importance of staying informed in today’s fast-paced world. Our mission is to provide you with accurate, relevant, and engaging content that keeps you up-to-date with the latest developments in technology, business trends, and news events.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Kabul issued demarche over Bajaur attack

February 20, 2026

Jim Cramer’s top 10 things to watch in the stock market Friday

February 20, 2026

Tax season presents boom-or-bust test

February 20, 2026
Most Popular

China holds Central Economic Work Conference to plan for 2026-Xinhua

December 11, 2025

Foreign Minister Austin expresses concern over growing Cambodia-China ties

June 5, 2024

Xi hears report from Macao SAR chief executive-Xinhua

December 16, 2025
© 2026 nabkanews. Designed by nabkanews.
  • Home
  • About NabkaNews
  • Advertise with NabkaNews
  • DMCA Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.